BLOCKCHAIN ACCOUNTANTS: Cryptocurrency Accounting Firm
Origins Group provides Accounting, Audit, Tax, Due Diligence, and a variety of consulting services to both domestic and international Blockchain Companies, Crypto Exchanges, and Crypto Coins & Crypto Tokens.
Our Blockchain Expert CPA’s offer deep subject matter expertise to companies working with SAFT’s (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens), ICO’s (Initial Coin Offerings), STO’s (Security Token Offerings), and other blockchain token sales. We have a strong focus on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency taxes as the first full-service Blockchain accounting firm. Our Blockchain experts have extensive knowledge dating back nearly a decade as our work with leading startups exposed us to this new and exciting area early on. Origins Group gained early blockchain exposure with a significant dedication and thought leadership in the areas of blockchain & cryptocurrency accounting & tax. We offer comprehensive blockchain accounting and crypto tax services.
Origins Group has always focused on startups and has been providing blockchain accounting, tax, and consulting services to domestic and international blockchain companies and exchanges since 2011. Our extensive blockchain experience in digital assets and specifically digital currency has allowed us to develop best practices around blockchain accounting, cryptocurrency tax, financial and non-financial performance reporting.
Our boutique Los Angeles financial firm understands the needs of both Blockchain Entrepreneurs, and the Venture Capital Funds, Private Equity Funds, Crypto Investment Funds and other blockchain investors who provide capital to their ventures.
Origins Group intimate understanding of the market allows us to offer Accounting, Audit, Tax Compliance & Tax Planning, Outsourced Accounting Services, and a variety of Consulting & Advisory Services to Blockchain Companies and Investment Funds including issuers of ICO’s, STO’s, SAFT’s, Crypto Coins, and various types of Crypto Tokens. We can help you maximize the value of your blockchain technology ventures.
Blockchain Accounting Services
Origins Group Certified Public Accounting and consulting practice can advise you during the entity selection (costs and benefits of doing a token offering as an LLC or a C-Corporation), domicile selection (US or international or multinational), and structuring process. After your entity has been formed, our accounting firm’s startup accountants provide comprehensive accounting, tax, & advisory services. Outsourced accounting services range from full-service business management and bookkeeping to management consulting. Our highly trained staff of accountants and consultants will leverage industry best practices for your venture.
We have developed best practices to track crypto-transactions and calculate realized and unrealized gains and losses for both tax and GAAP purposes via a variety of methods, including helping your developers integrate solutions into your existing platform. Since many crypto companies compensate their employees and contractors with virtual currency and we can assist with compliance and analysis of tax and accounting consequences.
Blockchain and Crypto Tax Consulting
Our blockchain experts go beyond compliance and look for opportunities like qualification for a Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII) deduction and Global Intangible Low Taxed Income (GILTI) considerations, which encourage U.S. ownership of intangibles. Origins Group can advise on changes related to the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) for crypto ventures. We further look at opportunities for our clients like Blockchain R&D tax credits and state R&D tax credit initiatives, both domestically and internationally. We can help navigate issues like Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC) considerations.
Blockchain Transactional Advisory
If you are considering an acquisition or transaction, Origins Group can assist during the deal with due diligence, and proper tax structuring approaches to ensure your value. Once you have consummated the transaction, we can provide accounting & audit, tax planning & preparation, and comprehensive advisory services for your new acquisition.
Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Accounting Services & Securitized Token Offering (STO) Accounting Services
We support ICO and STO ventures throughout the entire lifecycle with all accounting, tax, and advisory matters:
- ICO Structuring and STO Structuring
- ICO Tax Strategy and STO Tax Strategy
- International tax planning for any international ICOs
- Implementation and outsourced accounting, financial reporting, and tax reporting for the ICO’s
- Blockchain Accounting Compliance to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) Standards
- Preparation of federal, state income tax returns, coordination of international tax reporting
- ICO Bookkeeping and STO Bookkeeping
- ICO Management Accounting Services and STO Management Accounting Services
- ICO Fund Administration and STO Fund Administration
We also specialize in blockchain audit readiness services, including helping companies to assess and improve blockchain accounting controls.
With Los Angeles offices in West Hollywood and Encino and Silicon Valley offices in San Francisco, Origins Group can assist you or your firm from entity formation through exit via liquidity event.
Origins Group actively fosters the blockchain and cryptocurrency community, sponsoring, mentoring and providing content for training programs, educational materials, and blockchain organizations.
When you are looking for an accountant for your Blockchain or Cryptocurrency company, the experienced CPA’s and professionals at Origins Group can help. Contact us today for a free consultation. Let us show you how we can add value to your business.
Our Blockchain Accounting & Cryptocurrency Tax services include:
- 409A Valuation
- 83(b) Elections
- Advisory with design and structuring of smart contracts
- Analysis of issuance in exchange for cryptocurrencies or fiat (recognized as revenue, liability or equity for tax and GAAP purposes)
- Audit & Accounting including Agreed Upon Procedures (AUP)
- Audit Preparation
- Best Practices Consulting
- Blockchain Audit Preparation
- Blockchain Internal Controls Consulting
- Business Management (Billpay, Bookkeeping, Cash Management)
- Business Valuation
- Cash-Flow Modeling & Projections
- Compensation Planning
- Cryptocurrency Accounting Valuation
- Cryptocurrency Tax Valuation Services
- Debt & Equity Structuring
- Domestic & International Tax Compliance, Planning & Preparation
- Due Diligence for Buyers & Sellers (Financial, Operational, & Tax)
- Entity Formation
- Financial Modeling for Transactions
- Forecasting & Budgeting (Cash Burn and Cash Runway)
- GAAP Compliance for crypto assets and tokens
- Internal Control Setup & Internal Control Reviews
- Pitch Decks
- Post-Acquisition Integration
- Pre-Transaction Evaluation & Planning
- Purchase Price Allocation
- R&D Federal and State Tax Incentives
- Revenue recognition for tokens and GAAP (deferral of revenue and timing of recognition)
- Strategic Consulting
- Tax Reporting
- Tax Strategy & Structure
- Temporary CFO & Interim CFO Services